Please be aware what time the meet starts and what time warm up is. Warm up is 1 hour before the racing starts, and all swimmers need to arrive 20 min before warm up
For those who are new to swim meets. Here’s a list of items to bring for the meet.
- At least two towels
- Water bottle (should be drinking throughout the day)
- Swimsuit (and a spare)
- Goggles (2 pairs – in case one breaks)
- Swim Cap (2 – in case one breaks)
- Team Gear – t-shirt
- Shorts or track pants, tuque (important to stay dry and warm)
- Flip-flops or other deck shoes
- Food – bananas, sandwiches, cut up fruit, crackers, etc – preferably foods that are easily digestible and healthy. Nothing deep fried or high in fat (it takes too long to digest and can upset your stomach during racing)
- An activity to keep entertained between races – while electronics are permitted, please consider whether you are willing to risk your electronic device – the pool deck is a busy (and wet) place.
Questions? If you have any questions about swim meets, please contact your coach before the beginning of the meet